Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Authors in April

Authors in April is enjoying another successful year! I completely enjoyed myself at the banquet last evening and am so looking forward to our day with Christopher Paul Curtis this Friday. Judge Asadoorian was a hit as MC. I see a future for her in entertainment if she ever tires of the judicial system. It was so nice to hear the other authors as well. I will miss seeing three different presentations at the school this year.

If you have never heard of Authors in April, you really should take a minute to visit their site. This dedicated group really does an amazing job year after year.

When Chris visits our school on Friday I am hoping to have the chance to talk to him about his research for Elijah of Buxton. I am also very interested in hearing about his perspective of Buxton. I was fortunate to visit Buxton recently with a group of middle school students and it made a huge impression on me. I shared my experience with our eighth grade students and believe it made an impression on them as well. Of course, it is best to experience it for yourself.

Hey- I should post my pictures on Flickr! I'll have to get them off my computer at work...

Can't wait to report about my day!

No comments: